Welcome!

Name's Javi. Not Jaw-vee. Or Jay-vee. or Jah-v-eye. Javi. Ha. Vee. It's best to get that out of the way before we proceed on this adventure. Why? Well, because the journey from here on out is pretty hectic and we need some ground rules we can hold on to when it gets tough.


Now, dating is a game that everyone plays. Or at least those of us fortunate to still be single in our 20s. And I'm being honest, I am fortunate. Not in the sense that I believe coupled people are doomed to a life of despair and that all hope is lost for them, but more of the sense that I get to experience the crazy world of dating! If I were taken I wouldn't get to experience the weird, creepy, stalkery, confusing parts of dating.


So, we have the name down. Seriously, it's just Javi, we'll do some practice runs with it. The next thing to work out is this blog. Now, this blog isn't going to be all sunshine and flowers. That's what my Instagram account is for. Okay, it's about food and selfies, but you get what I mean. This is about getting real. Gritty. Down and dirty. What MTV's Real World used to be when MTV still showed music videos. I'm not really going to talk about the super lovey-dovey dates or experiences I go on. Why? Well, because that's boring. Happiness is boring. You don't want to read about me having the perfect dates all the time. Besides, if I was having perfect dates all the time and still single, wouldn't you want to know the real story behind the commitment issue? I mean, I would.

Finally, my journey is going to be more than just dates. I will talk about LGBT issues and criticism and focus on race issues. Why? Because I can, duh. No, but really, my dating life is in the context of being gay and Hispanic (or Latinx if you have a preference). These lenses affect how my journey unfolds.



Now, start popping that popcorn. Grab a blanket. Grab some tissues. Okay, don't grab tissues, my journey isn't going to go into those kinds of details (that's just for Snapchat).

Javi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Spice. No Rice. No Chocolate. Just Vanilla.

Life and Love

To All the Ones I've Loved Before