I Member, U Member?


I've always been an ambitious kid. Never one to quit too early or take the easy road. Hell, the road I usually end up taking isn't even on the map and you best believe I'm too prideful to ask for help.

So, as part of my ambition is my need to write creatively. It's definitely not just a desire. It's like in my head there are thousands of words, stories, and characters that need to breathe on a page. Trust me, the normal voices in my head aren't that needy.

In order to not go crazy and sustain this need, I write when I can. I will be the first to say that I am not the best and even when I do write, I am not consistent. Throughout high school and college I created an account on Fiction Press as an outlet for the characters that simply could not wait. I will say I've done some work over there. If you're interested, drop me a line and I will share the wonders of my work.

However, Fiction Press wasn't enough. I also had an overflowing amount of stories in my own life that needed to be shared. Not because I thought anyone would listen, but because sharing these stories into the universe made them real. Made me real. So, I created this blog. To share my dating life and my journey. it's a long journey crew. I had ideas for this blog and don't worry, they're still there. Just like that image of me with straightened hair during my "emo" days.

I made the mistake of starting this blog during my first year at my new job. For any of you who are out there listening who have worked at a law firm, you know that doesn't leave much time for fun stuff. And one of the major things I had to cut was this blog and writing. I know, I know. "Javi, that's not healthy and you need a work-life balance." I get that, truly. I'm working on it, kind of truly.

So, I promised myself amongst the many changes I am making this year (remember, I am ambitious), one of them is returning to this blog. Don't worry I have plenty of dating stories to tell. Growth stories. Thoughts. Questions. Rules. Polls. Jokes. Memes. Gifs. Laughs. Tears. Money. Okay...so not the last one, but I wish.

Folks, it's 2019. Strap yourselves in tight because the journey is going into phase 2. And I know you ain't ready, because I sure as hell am not!

The Journey Continues
Javi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Spice. No Rice. No Chocolate. Just Vanilla.

Life and Love

To All the Ones I've Loved Before