Casper: The Catfishing Ghost Part 2

Okay, so I left you all in suspense for a while....I should apologize, but that just means you guys will stick around for the conclusion of this tale.


When we last got together, we were just meeting Chris and things were going great! I was smitten and he was a smooth goofball. However, I didn't know him at all. Sure, we chatted briefly and he tried to talk me up like he'd won the lottery just by running into me, but I really didn't know him. Hell, just reading the first post you guys would know as much about him as I knew. And here he was a few months later telling me that he was going to take a vacation to visit me.



So as soon as he told me that he had a vacation planned, I halted everything. We were going way too fast. We'd only been talking for a brief time and there's no way a week or so of vacation was reasonable. And I told him so. There was just no way this was going to happen when we didn't know anything about each other.



And I have to say, as much as we talked and got to know each other, the more I felt that he wasn't right for me. Look, at 26 I wasn't looking for someone immature or just "living their best life." I hadn't graduated law school when I was 24 because I was still trying to figure things out in my life. By no means was my life perfect, but I did know where it was going. What's worse was that sometimes I felt that he just minimized my issues. He'd often respond with I just needed to slow down or enjoy things. I was looking for a date, not a therapist. What's worse was, what, he knew me for all of a second and thought he could give me life pointers? Like sorry, no that's not how that works.


So after a few days of minimal messaging. He drops this bombshell on me


I was really just stumped. We had discussed this and honestly it's not like in a few weeks I all of a sudden was like yeah, I need this guy in my life like yesterday. And, I wasn't going to let him off the hook for that. It was just completely baffling.


And I tried to dissuade him


But it didn't work



At this point, I was completely out of my mind. There was no way that this was actually happening. And yet here we were. The entire four days until he was supposed to arrive were a nightmare for me. I was stressed and panicking just wondering what exactly was going to happen. I mean, this could have all been a joke, right? After all, what sane person would actually do something like this?

But, we will find out if any of this was a joke or not in part 3....

The Journey Continues!
Javi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Spice. No Rice. No Chocolate. Just Vanilla.

Life and Love

To All the Ones I've Loved Before